American Excess Insurance Exchange, RRG (AEIX) is a Vermont-licensed, reciprocal risk retention group (RRG) which has provided excess, umbrella and reinsurance coverage to its members for 30 years.
AEIX is proud to welcome three new member insureds: OSF HealthCare, AdventHealth Shawnee Mission and University Health Partners of Hawaii.
AEIX congratulates all of the 2019 Award and Grant winners.
- Eisenhower Medical Center for “Utilizing Behavioral Science to Improve Antibiotic Prescribing in Urgent Care Settings”
- Baptist Health Lexington for “Reducing Hospital-acquired Pressure Injuries (HAPI)”
- Ballad Health Johnson City for “Decreased Opioids and Improved Outcomes After Orthopedic Surgery”
- Texas Health Resources for “Journey Towards Reaching Zero Suicides”
- Baystate Medical Center for “Reducing Brain Injury-associated Aggression on an Inpatient Neuroscience Unit”
- Baystate Medical Center for “Pediatric Behavioral Health Pharmacologic Community Collaboration Project”
STABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY
Control through ownership – policyholders own the company and are actively involved in managing policy development, financial decisions, risk management, and quality improvement programs
INNOVATIONS TO IMPROVE QUALITY
Forward looking safety initiatives – AEIX funds collaboratives designed to improve patient outcomes, significantly reduce risk and drive quality improvement in member organizations
Benchmarking to identify areas of improvement – members share data and best practices, measuring their performance against national benchmarks and other insured systems
CLAIMS AND RISK SERVICES
Improving safety through effective consulting – focused claims and risk consulting services are tailored to individual needs, providing comprehensive tools, education and professional resources designed to strengthen and enhance member programs