Transitioning to an Enterprise Risk Management Program
July 13 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Web conference provided by Premier Insurance Management Services, Inc.
The American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM) adopted a strategic initiative several years ago to support the advancement of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) in healthcare organizations. To that end, ASHRM has defined ERM and developed guidelines describing the scope, domains, and processes most often applied when using this framework. This webinar will review the scope, benefits and methodologies associated with an ERM program. In addition, the presenter will describe how to gain leadership’s support for the transition from a clinical risk management focus to the more comprehensive ERM approach.
The focus of this presentation will be on:
- What distinguishes ERM from traditional risk management
- Benefits of ERM approach
- ERM roles and responsibilities, program structure and key processes
- How to identify an organization’s risk tolerance and risk appetite
- Components of the ERM process
- Integration of ERM with other disciplines
- Assessing organizational readiness for ERM
Sheila Hagg Rickert, JD, MHA, MBA Senior Vice President and Healthcare Practice Leader-Western Region Willis. Sheila previously held positions as the senior corporate risk management executive for both for-profit and not-for-profit acute care and long-term care healthcare systems, as an insurance broker and a risk management consultant. She has served on the Board of Directors for the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), as well as the boards of both captive and commercial insurance companies and the Texas Association for Patient Access (TAPA). She has published and presented extensively on healthcare risk management, enterprise risk management and health law topics, including presentations at the ASHRM Annual Conference and Exhibition, the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) Annual Conference, the Cayman Captive Forum, the Vermont Captive Association and the Captive Insurance Company Association. Sheila currently serves as Chairman of ASHRM’s Advanced Forum Educational Module, Co-Chairman of its Enterprise Risk Management Certificate Program and a member of the ERM Advisory Council and is former Vice Chair of the American Health Lawyers Association’s ERM Task Force.
The program will be of interest to:
- Risk management, performance improvement and patient safety professionals
- Strategic planning, internal auditors, corporate compliance officers and other senior leaders
- Financial professionals responsible for capital budgeting
Following participation in this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe common ERM models applicable to the healthcare industry and contrast them with the traditional functions of healthcare risk management programs
- Articulate the case for promoting ERM within a healthcare organization
- Replicate the steps typically included in establishing, implementing and sustaining an effective ERM framework for a healthcare entity
You will receive instructions and a link to the presentation materials prior to the program. Please feel free to forward this to others you think would benefit from this program.
For questions contact:
Cristyn Chandler, Senior Risk Management Coordinator,
Premier Insurance Management Services, Inc.
or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org