The Opioid Epidemic: What healthcare leaders need to know!-Web conference
July 11 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
WEB CONFERENCE PROVIDED BY PREMIER INSURANCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES, INC.
July 11, 2018
10:30 am – 12:00 pm Pacific/1:30 – 3:00 pm Eastern
The opioid epidemic across this country continues to draw significant media attention. Concomitantly, federal agencies, private entities, and medical associations have released a wide array of pain management guidelines. The Joint Commission has also responded by issuing new pain management accreditation standards (effective 1-1-18). The scope of the opioid epidemic will require concurrent efforts from multiple sectors and Healthcare leaders and clinicians will play a critical role.
This webinar will provide an overview of the opioid epidemic and the value to be gained by performing a comprehensive review of a hospital’s current pain management practices. Information about the type of legal claims and/or regulatory sanctions being made against healthcare providers will also be discussed. Several self-assessment tools will be provided which will assist healthcare and medical staff leaders in identifying strengths and opportunities for improvement in their hospitals’ pain management practices.
Topics this web conference will cover:
• An overview of the opioid epidemic;
• Legal claim trends pertaining to opioid prescribing practices, events and/or cases;
• Regulatory and accreditation citations pertaining to pain management practices;
• How to identify opportunities for improvement in a hospital’s pain management practices;
• Useful resources
Leslie Schultz, RN, BSN, MS, NEA-BC, PHD, CPHQ, Director, Premier Safety Institute, Premier, Inc.
Beverly Essick, RNC, MSN, LNC, CPHRM, Director, Premier Performance Partners, Premier, Inc.
Anne V. Irving, MA, CPHRM, DFASHRM, Director, Risk Management, Premier Insurance Management Services
Les Meredith, JD, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Premier Insurance Management Services
The program will be of interest to leaders in the following domains:
• Patient safety
• Quality improvement
• Accreditation readiness
• Risk management
• Medical staff
Following participation in this program, participants will be able to:
• Identify factors contributing to the opioid epidemic;
• Describe safer opioid prescribing, administration and monitoring safety practices;
• Locate useful resources to assist in opioid improvement initiatives;
• Understand legal risks related to prescribing opioids.
To register for the conference
Cristyn Chandler, Senior Risk Management Coordinator,
Premier Insurance Management Services, Inc.
or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org